1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AC Compressor on, fluid filled but... not cold

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Meultaine, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Meultaine

Meultaine New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello everyone,

I am the proud owner of a late 2006 Prius with at about 218kkms (136k-ish miles).

The AC was not blowing cold anymore so I went to a workshop for a refill of fluid.

The air is now slightly colder (very hard to feel), nowhere near the expected result.

Running the A/C diagnosis (hold Auto and Recycle buttons on the steering wheel and press the start button twice) only showed an 21 error (light sensor) but I was getting dark so...

The compressor is turning on (I do hear it) and so does the blower fan (in front of the car). I also see the HV battery power going from 400-500W to 1400-1500W when I turn the AC on (measured with Torque Pro).

Is it possible that something's clogged (condenser, evaporator,...) ? Any clues ?

I'm going back to the workshop on wednesday but I'm quite sure they're gonna diagnose a faulty compresser (it's turning on and sucking power so I'll probably go to a Toyota Dealer afterwards).