1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AC drain location

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Bolle, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Bolle

Bolle New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi there,

due moldy smell I need to clean my ac. As already done on my Avalon I would insert cleaning foam through the ac condense drain hose. But i have no clue where this hose is located.

Does someone know by chance where it is?

thank you in advance,
    B

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    One way to locate for yourself: next time you've just parked, and AC's been running, watch underneath for a minute, see where the drip is. There should be a small pool of water on the ground soon enough too. It's typically pretty close to where the glove box is.

An AC tip:

Turn off AC and run ventilation just with the fan, for the last mile or so before your destination, to give the humidity in the system time to evaporate. Roll down the windows some, so you don't fog up.

FuelMiser, alanclarkeau and Bolle like this.
  3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The Repair Manual (more info) has a nice illustration, step 41(e) under Vehicle Interior: Heating/Air Conditioning: Air Conditioning Unit: Removal, that shows the position of the drain cooler hose, towards the front left corner of the passenger (left) side footwell.

Tande, Mendel Leisk and alanclarkeau like this.