1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AC/Heater Blower Issue

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Auszero, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Auszero

Auszero New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2015 Prius with an intermittent AC/Heater blower issue. When I turn the AC on it blows however the blower eventually stops. I power the climate system down and start up again and it blows for a while. The more powerful the fan is blowing the sooner the blower craps out. If I turn the heater on the blower does nothing at all regardless of fan speed.

So far I've replaced the blower with I believe the integrated controller (the unit is a "A-Premium Heater Blower Motor with Fan Cage Replacement" from Amazon) and I still have the same problem.

What do I replace or look at next?

2. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Watch this video from South Main Auto. It is a Nissan that he is repairing but contains the same exact principles the Prius uses. The blower motor speed is controlled by a pulse width signal.

3. Auszero

Auszero New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks, the third gen Prius has the resistor built into the blower motor so it should have been replaced when I replaced the motor assembly. Any idea of what should be next? I can't imagine it would have the same problem twice.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    idk, but it sounds like something is overheating or tripping and has to cool down or reset. a relay maybe?