1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AC not cooling when stopped

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by TxMedic83, Jul 17, 2020.

1. TxMedic83

TxMedic83 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    My 2014 C has started having hot air when I’m stopped at a sign/light. When I get going it cools down, and I checked the refrigerant pressures and they’re in spec.

Does the C use one fan for both the radiator / condenser or is there a second fan buried under the shroud somewhere?

I can turn my radiator fan by hand, but haven’t seen it come on while investigating. If this is the only fan I can troubleshoot the motor pretty easy, and look at relays / fuses, but I really need to know if it’s the only fan.

Thanks!

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Only one fan in the c.

3. lech auto air conditionin

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Will the AC turn on in your garage, with the hood up if the AC is blowing cold now you should see the fan running. and hear the AC compressor spinning.

4. Sonic_TH

Sonic_TH Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    The same happened to my 2012 Prius C, maybe the servo that controls a door to control the flow of hot and cool air is stuck, i fixed the problem by disconnecting the 12V battery for a few minutes.