1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AC Vent Removal

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by GreenTerrorPrius, Oct 23, 2020.

1. GreenTerrorPrius

GreenTerrorPrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Can anyone direct me on how to safely without breaking remove the driver side AC Vent, I am trying to replace my in dash speakers and this is the first step. I have a good tool to slide into this, but when i pull i feel like something is going to break. Any tricks tips. I read that a Gen 2 you should pull from the bottom of the vent and up at 45 degrees but nothing on a Gen 3. Thanks
    GTP

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Pretty much pulls straight at you. I avoid any tools. Pull with fingertips. Less chance to scratch or chip anything. Panel below it with the light dimmer and mirror switches needs out first.

reg.png

Elektroingenieur made a nice wiki page on how you can get to the repair manual.

3. GreenTerrorPrius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    that was my problem the item below is still in, im a moron. thanks

4. Ed Beaty

Ed Beaty Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Here is a video that should help. Poster is disassembling entire dash, but he removes the right hand AC vent (left is the same way). Remove small top vent first (with fingers as Chap says), then the larger lower one. Scary, but it works.

5. GreenTerrorPrius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    thank I got it, now on to the A Pillar!