1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AC won't blow cold after disconnecting 12v battery

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by JakeRidesAgain, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    One option you can try is to contact Tampa Hybrids since you are relatively close. They should be able to help you out.

Keep us posted(y).

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    You might try this BITE (Built In Test Equipment) routine. You could search for A/C problems and find it where I posted it, or here it is:

The keystrokes for this test are start from ACC mode (power on without brake), hold down AUTO and Recirculate/Fresh Air buttons, and press START again. Should see A/C LCD and all LED lights blink 4 times at 1 second interval followed by a code displayed where the preset temperature (digits on left side of LCD) are normally displayed. A 00 code means no problems. Then press OFF to escape.

If it says there is an A/C Inverter Load System Malfunction (code 76), this can be caused by a refrigerant leak or overfill, a problem in the condenser fan circuit, or lastly a compressor lock.

3. robertwa

robertwa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    So, just realized I never followed up on this. Went to Central Florida Toyota and told them the experience I had with the other dealer. They did the whole troubleshooting while I waited and figured out that the button on the head unit was broken. Took me out to the bay and showed me everything. While we were out there, the button even started working again!

My service advisor Heeraj is my go-to guy for everything I can't figure out on my own now, because he quoted me $450 for a new a/c head unit, and immediately said, "You might be able to find on online for less..." (hint hint). $129 diagnostic plus $40 for a used part on eBay, and I was back in business. A/C has worked fine ever since.

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just means your advisor doesn't have a boat payment he needs to make, so he doesn't have to make that money off you. Some with boat payments won't give you those hints on saving money

Raytheeagle likes this.