1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Accelerator pedal touches the carpet

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jonnnny, Oct 25, 2019.

1. jonnnny

jonnnny New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Upgrade
    I’ll bring it in to get properly tested but I can hear the engine revving higher by pressing the pedal into the flooring (creating a dent).

bisco likes this.
  2. Matt H

Matt H Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Here you go. Accelerator pedal sweep touching the floor, and reading 100%.

TOYOTA_International_16PIN CONNECTOR_Chassis_ABS VSC_Data_20191103-134210.PNG

3. John in Vermont

John in Vermont Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I discovered the same issue with my new 2018 C. The gas pedal is designed to hit the floor when you press the gas pedal all the way down, there is no other stop for the pedal. If you put in a WeatherTech floor mat, which Toyota sells as an accessory, the pedal travel will be limited and the car will feel underpowered especially when climbing long grades or trying to pass. I discovered this when my C would climb hills much faster in cruise control than when using the gas pedal.

The underside of the pedal has a plastic pin that is what actually strikes the floor to limit pedal travel. I used a fine tooth hacksaw blade to saw a 1/2 inch off of the pin. This immediately doubled the cars power. I can now go up a steep mountain grade at 60 mph in a car that previously couldn't even manage to climb at 45 mph.

bisco likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base