1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Accessories to help close hatchback

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by dylanc650, Jul 25, 2022.

1. dylanc650

dylanc650 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm looking for advice on any accessories someone could purchase for assistance with closing the Prius c hatchback. My grandma is now having a hard time closing it on her own - it's just a little too high/maybe too heavy for her to close easily. I've searched around a bit but haven't found anything (I'm also just not sure what words to use to describe this!). Appreciate any help/ideas you may have!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    irc, people have made up their own straps and fastened them to the inside, but i don't think there's anything you can buy.

3. prius16

prius16 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    You may be able to use the 31310 Toyota Prius XW50 XLE 2015-22 version of the Electric Tailgate Lift Assisting System TL105.
    The system costs ~$700 with S&H.

Send the nice people at Autoease Technology (che1 . com) a message, and ask.

Code:

To contact Autoease Technology/ che1.com
    https://www.che1.com/contact-us/

You may be able to use the 31310 Toyota Prius XW50 XLE 2015-22 version of the Electric Tailgate Lift Assisting System TL105.

Electric Tailgate Lift Assisting System TL105 (31310 Toyota Prius XW50 XLE 2015-22) (2015)

An example install in a Prius:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH_ZEaocZjs

Autoease toyota prius prime phv power liftgate installation video
    Nov 4, 2020
    Autoease Technology
    power liftgate kit can be purchased online here:  https://www.autoease.com/product/liftgate/

Fwiw, they do have a "developers system".
    That allows full programming of the lift, force, speed, etc.
    ?If you do the install, take pictures, document the install, and work with them to tune/test the system (so they can add another vehicle), they may offer a slight deal on the more costly "developers system".?

Good Luck.

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sometimes people just add a loop of aircraft wire or something right where the gas strut goes, just to limit how high the hatch opens, so then you can reach its normal handle to close it.

There are people who have done that to avoid problems entering or leaving a low garage with the hatch open.