1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Accessory Outlet fuses

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Zardoz, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Zardoz

Zardoz Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    A faulty cell phone charger resulted in both accessory outlets not working.

Each outlet has its own 15 amp fuse.
    Outlet 2 fuse is located in the fuse panel under the hood against the firewall on the drivers side. Snag the fuse puller from here!

Outlet 1 fuse is located in the fuse panel above and slightly outward of the emergency brake assembly.

AutoZone has a 5 pack for $2.99 while my local dealership wanted a little over $2.00 each for them.
    On the AutoZone website you must lookup 2016 Prius and NOT 2017. Seems they have not updated the data for the 2017 model.

Hope this helps someone

RCO likes this.
  2. Confrad in VA

Confrad in VA Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Same thing happened to me! I have a '17, and both 12v outlets are dead.
    Does anyone know the location of the fuses that are blown? (I know where they are, just not which ones to check - It's not easy at my age to squat under the dash and guess one by one!) There is a diagram on the cover, but not clearly marked as to which one is the 12v power outlet.

3. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The post above yours gives the location. One of them is under the hood, not the dash.

RCO likes this.
  4. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The fuses are P/OUTLET NO. 1 and P/OUTLET NO. 2, both 15 amperes.

Aside from the link to the Owner’s Manual, the page number, and the document number of the Electrical Wiring Diagram, everything in my posting about power outlet fuses in the Prius Prime also applies to the fourth-generation Prius, by the way.

RCO and Prodigyplace like this.