1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Accessory warranty term

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by CharlesH, Apr 25, 2013.

1. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Today my PiP Advanced lost its Bluetooth functionality for a while. I turned off the car, and when I turned it back on, it said "Bluetooth module not found", and the Phone and Bluetooth icons were disabled in the Setup screen. I turned it off and back on again, and it came on normally. If it happens again, I am taking it in for service, but I was wondering what the warranty is on this. Is this part of the "accessory" warranty? As I read the warranty info, I got the impression that the warranty on factory-installed accessories is the 3 yr/36000 mile Basic warranty. I did not buy the "extended" warranty, which I understand kicks in after the Basic one expires. I am at 14 mo/17000 miles.

2. Ken Blake

Ken Blake Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    It's not an accessory. In Toyota-Speak, accessories are things like floor mats, illuminated door sills, the Prius Plus TRD parts, etc. Accessories may be "Port Installed", "Dealer Installed" or bought over the counter and customer installed. Accessories installed at the port or dealer will fall under the appropriate warranty, e.g. a dealer installed TRD Supercharger on a Tundra falls under the factory powertrain warranty. I had my Prius Plus TRD lowering springs installed at the dealer for that very reason. If there is a problem down the road with the struts or suspension, it will be covered under warranty.

You are correct in that the BlueTooth module will fall under the 3 year/36k mile bumper to bumper warranty. (as long as the dealer is able to duplicate the problem)

CharlesH likes this.