1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Accident Prime Advanced - Collision (released from hospital)

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Sid786, Jun 3, 2018.

1. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    And sometimes it's the county. When they sent me the title for one of my motorcycles, I saw that the VIN was wrong on the title. Went to the courthouse and they gave me a form to take to a dealer. Dealer filed it out and I verified it before returning to the courthouse. Clerk typed up a new title for me (remember typewriters?) and I checked it right there at the counter. When I asked her if it mattered that she spelled my name differently than what was on the form, she acted like it was my fault. Went off in a huff and typed up another title. Ya gotta watch 'em every minute. LOL!!!

padroo likes this.
  2. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought a brown Eldorado coupe one time and when I went to DMV, they typed it up on the title as a red 4 door. I pointed it out to them and they gave me a form that I had to send off to correct the title that they just screwed up. I let them know what they could do with their form and threw it in the garbage.

3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I had DVM screw up on my driver's license too. They somehow marked F on the gender. With face photo of full beard and mustache, I can't imagine the clark thought I was a girl. LOL I did not notice the error until the next renewal 5 years later.

#143 Salamander_King, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  4. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My wife's drivers licence - they ticked the Truck, Semi-Truck boxes as well as "car". She wasn't interested in driving one of them - and had them delete it next time it was renewed.

5. Andyprius1

Andyprius1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My accident experience exactly, in CA. An interesting rule got the other driver, basically, “ A driver cannot enter a intersection IF there is already a car in the intersection”

6. PT Guy

PT Guy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    About car replacement policies and pricing...the only blanket rule for insurance is that there is NO blanket rule. You need the quote for you & your family, your car, your state, your city, your neighborhood. It'll be different for those factors for me and for each of us.

Should one pay extra to buy new car replacement coverage? As stated above, it's about peace of mind. Can one afford the difference to upgrade to the newer model? If so, don't buy it, unless it'll let you sleep better at night. Basically, buy insurance to protect against serious financial risk, not every financial risk.

I bought a Mazda in 2016. Everything went fine until I noticed that the dealer's clerk put the wrong lender on the title as lien holder. Even after I paid the car off I would have had no way to clear the lien. And, the actual lender had no lien listed with the state. I got it corrected...after about 4 calls to the clerk who does titles for the dealer and a final call to the general manager of the dealership to get action. My next call would have been a complaint to the state Department of Licensing for which the dealer is an agent. Double check to see that every "i" is crossed and every "t" dotted.

When I buy a used vehicle from an individual I check the VIN on the paperwork against the VIN on the vehicle. I also ask for ID from the seller to be sure that's the person listed on the title. You can't be too careful....

7. Sid786

Sid786 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Finally collected my cheque from insurance of $28600. Entire process is nerve racking.

The ambulance and fire department that drove me to hospital billed me for $1053. Two X-Rays and 20 minutes of stay at hospital ER bill $5038. Radiologist report bill $200. Getting the cheque from insurance priceless!!.

Now I cannot find a 2017 Prime Advanced in New Jersey. There is one or two at Holman, but it is difficult to work with Holman Toyota. Do let me know if anyone knows of a location in NJ and NY, where they have 2017 Advanced Prime.

8. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    You may have to put up with a 2018. I suggest using http://cars.com/

Bob Wilson

9. Since2002

Since2002 Senior Lurker

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Some people use car websites to search but you can also use the Toyota website to find dealers in a particular area by typing in the zip code, you will get a list of dealers sorted by distance and links to the individual dealer websites which you can click on.

Each dealer website is laid out a little different but most of them you click New Inventory and then you can filter by year, model and trim and you will get a list of cars in stock, or at least supposedly in stock at that dealer. They usually include details about what options have been added although that can be hard to find on some dealer websites, sometimes the options aren't listed separately but are listed with the zillion other standard features, but the options are usually in caps so you can pick them out. Worst case you usually can usually decipher from the MSRP how loaded down a particular VIN is. Even if you don't want any options it's a way to filter out dealers that load down their cars with paint protection, etc.

10. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    2017 Toyota Prius Prime for Sale in Perth Amboy, NJ 08861 - Autotrader

Since2002 likes this.
  11. Since2002

Since2002 Senior Lurker

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Unfortunately since it's a used car he wouldn't get the $4,500 federal tax credit, which I think he already said he would qualify for.

EDIT - sorry I didn't notice that below the certified pre-owned it shows a new 2017 Advanced at Crestmont Toyota in Pompton Plains, NJ. Actually when I go to the dealer website it looks like they have two of them in stock, both are Magnetic Gray Metallic with black interior.

#151 Since2002, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  12. Since2002

Since2002 Senior Lurker

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The mods here probably prefer that this is the last post with prices so from now on you should probably search on your own, but I was curious if 2017's are still out there. Using the method that I described in my earlier post, it didn't take me long to find three 2017 Prime Advances near zip code 10001 (Manhattan). Although you would have to check with the dealers to see if they are still in stock.

Also it looks like the NJ Toyota incentive for 2017 Primes is now up to $5,000 like NY, so you can do a similar search like I did but use NJ zip codes and maybe find something closer to you.

Star Toyota, Bayside
    2017 Prime Advanced
    Titanium Glow
    Moonstone
    MSRP $34,308
    Dealer discount -500
    Toyota Factory -5,000 (through 7/9)
    = $28,808

Star Toyota, Bayside
    2017 Prime Advanced
    Titanium Glow
    Black
    MSRP $35,644
    Dealer discount -1,021
    = $29,623

Plaza Toyota, Brooklyn
    2017 Prime Advanced
    Silver
    Black
    MSRP $35,047
    Dealer discount -1,012
    = $29,035

Merkey likes this.
  13. SteveMucc

SteveMucc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  14. Sid786

Sid786 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    By using the method described by since2002, I was able to locate a 2017 Prius Prime Advanced in Blue Color and have purchased the vehicle from Toyota dealership on July 4th from a remote location in Caldwell, NJ. The car had 40 miles on odometer. Paid 27,383.00 + TTL.

Geico insurance had paid me $28,653 after the accident for replacement and they also returned me the deductible of $750. Hence total payment received from insurance was $29,403.With TTL, the cost of car was $30,232

So I still had to pay $829 from my pocket, but with tax rebate next year, I will come out ahead.

Bills from accident is piling up. Total bills from medical side is around $7200. ER room $5000, ER doc fee around $1000, Ambulance fee $1000 and xRay Radiologist $200. Don't know how this will work out.

But the good part is that I am back on the road in my blue magnetism.

Thanks to everyone in this forum for giving me good advice and support during this ordeal.

upload_2018-7-15_13-43-20.png

Attached Files:

15. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, all the best!(y)

16. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Beautiful looking car. So happy you were able to make that part work out for you. Prime On and watch out for the crazy people.

jerrymildred and Tyfly like this.
  17. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Like the colour - might be more noticeable than the Graphite colour before. And essentially, you've now got a new car.

Hope all the medical bills work out.

jerrymildred and Tyfly like this.
  18. SteveMucc

SteveMucc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    medical should all be paid for by the CAR insurance. you shouldn't have to pay for a dime of it. Make sure you file through your car insurance or you'll have to pay the medical insurance deductible which can be extreme.

19. Sid786

Sid786 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks SteveMucc. I am going through my car insurance for medical. It has been one month and according to insurance company, this takes several months to settle the medical bills. Mainly it is a kind of game, medical billers normally sends a very high bill, then insurance companies get them to lower the bill and then it gets settled.

20. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad to hear you found a car you wanted. After 2018 tax return, you should be all good. Even without it, you are in a brand new car, so you are still ahead.

Yeah, medical billing in this country is a joke. We routinely receive EOB from our medical insurance company with original bill from providers 2 to 3 times higher than what insurance company end up paying after negotiation. There is absolutely no standard pricing for medical bills. They charge whatever they can get away with it.

Merkey likes this.