1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

accidentally broke passenger side pin/fastener holding down plastic cowling - replace ASAP?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cwerdna, Apr 7, 2011.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    When reassembling after my unsuccessful attempt to remove my windshield tank (can't remove washer fluid tank, trying to replace passenger side HID - PriusChat Forums), I accidentaly broke plastic pin/fastener holding down the plastic cowl on the passenger side, next to the fender. It's in the 2nd picture under step 2 of the Word doc at http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-...r-brace-install-pictures-text.html#post570085.

At first, I wasn't too concerned until I came across the above instructions and efusco's warning about making sure the cowling goes on right. Should I be concerned about my currently missing pin? It rains here quite a bit and I wouldn't want water leaking into the engine compartment.

I originally figured I'd get a replacement pin the next time I'm at a Toyota dealer, but that could be awhile away.... Should I make the trip sooner than later?

2. Kore971

Kore971 PEDD-CESC

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    You shouldn't have to worry about too much water in the engine compartment, and even if some water gets in there it wont cause any harm, all the components in the engine bay are made to withstand some water.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1 person likes this.