1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Acquiring a 2010 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by credgar, May 9, 2009.

1. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    +1 for the Garmin. We are buying a Garmin Vuvi 885t once we pickup our Prius. The hands free works awesome. I tested one and it's amazing.

The Prius V has more luxury but it's performance isn't any higher. Yes it has 17" wheels and tires which degrade it's mpg as it gives you more grip. Plus I think you could buy even lighter weight aftermarket rims and tires that would be better. But the Prius V does give you a heck of a lot for the money.

I see no reason to buy from just one dealer who is overcharging you. Toyota dealers are all over the place and if one does that there will be others who won't. That is why I like Honda and Toyota. If I have a problem that is dealer related I can always go to a different dealer within a reasonable distance.
    I can't do that with MINI or some other makes.

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    These forums are populated w/ mostly enthusiasts and owners. To state that they're "mostly" sales people would be a gross mis-generalization. ;-)

Toyota also participates in these forums from time to time.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    In that case, you have PLENTY of dealers to choose from. I recommend Toyota Sunnyvale where I bought my Prius. My salesman was Stan Wolowski and I'd recommend him too. (If you PM me, I can give you my name and you can feel free to mention it to him.) If I were in the market for another Toyota, they'd be the first I'd go to.

My parents almost bought a HyCam from that dealer in Feb 08 (Stan was busy and handed us off to a colleague) and they treated us well. The dealer was BUSY when were there. We ended up getting a NAH instead but it had nothing to do w/the quality of sales experience at the Nissan dealer. It was that the NAH was cheaper than the HyCam due to Costco pricing, incentives and tax credit.

4. raidbuck

raidbuck New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Is the Prius IV with roof worth the 32K+ price (25800+3600+750 before sales tax, license and whatever accessories have been added)? I know it is not. I wanted a Prius III (must have XM built in), my wife wanted leather, sunroof and NAV built in. We've had 2 sat radios stolen and Baltimore is just south where stealing NAV units is a common occurance. So the reasons for apparently unjustifiable economic decisions can be varied.

So, with no illusions about the fiscal advisability I wait for my IV (5th on the list at my dealer).

Rich N.

5. Dorisk

Dorisk New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    What do you think I could purchase a 2009 Touring, pkg. 5 for?