1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Add a retractable cargo cover for Prius Three?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Allen in CA, Apr 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Allen in CA

Allen in CA New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Yesterday we bought a Prius Three Touring without first attaching the wimpy fabric cargo cover to see what it looked like. Opinions may differ, of course, but to us, it looks flimsy and useless. It sags so low that it shows the outline of anything in the trunk area, and when you pull anything out, it disconnects itself and has to be reattached. The forward part of the cover rides up on the top of the back seat. It is such a disappointment, coming from an earlier model Prius that had a fine retractable cargo cover that always worked well for us. In fact, we are so disappointed that we probably would have purchased the Four Touring, just to get a decent cargo cover.

I called the dealer's parts shop about buying the "Prius Four Touring Cargo Cover" (for $495!!!) and putting it in our Three Touring. "Oh no," they said. "That's only for the Four Touring!" But it looks to me as though the necessary attachments are present in the Three Touring, too. Has anyone tried this?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! there is another thread on this, and it was mentioned that it wouldn't be any problem to switch either way. if i can locate it, i'll let you know. the poster was 'Jim in NC'. all the best!(y)

edit: the thread is: Are the 2 kinds of tonneau covers interchangeable on 2016 models?' here in the gen 4 accessory forum.

#2 bisco, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016