1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Add engine 3.0? For phone perks?

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by Patric88, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Patric88

Patric88 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Okay so I can't find this anywhere. I have a Prius prime premium 2018 with the large screen. And a factory security system. I want to add a module or anything that would let me interface with my car from a distance with my phone. So like roll my windows up, or set the climate control then start the car/or start from my key fob.

Also I know Japan has some cool stuff for their market, so maybet here is something like that. I basically want what engine 3.0 offers

Any help?

#1 Patric88, Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When you say "engine 3.0," do you mean "Entune 3.0?" If so, I don't think you'll find many (any?) favorable comments around here about that. I tried Entune 2.0 on my 2017 Prime Premium. That was a waste of time!

You can already do the windows and air conditioner with your key fob, but it might not be programmed for the windows. This is something the dealer would need to program unless you have Carista, Techstream, or some other tool for programming these features.
    Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 2.19.18 PM.png

As for the air conditioning from the key fob, just press and hold the A/C button on the fob for 8/10 of a second and the climate control will come on to try to achieve the temperature you had it set at when you turned off the car. Press it twice to stop the A/C. If it's very cole (under 14F) the heat pump won't do much of anything.

These features are in the customization section of your owners manual.

AFAIK, there is no phone software that will let you talk to your car like a Tesla although there was some functionality along those lines with the Prius Prime Advanced. Toyota decided that we don't really need that and took it away on newer models. Someone with an older Advanced model would have to let us know if they can still do that.

3. Patric88

Patric88 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Fix
    Fixed my spelling error, yes entune 3.0 and basically yeah I wanted it to be like a tesla. Where I could lock the car from my phone and change the hvac settings.

I already do they key fob stuff and done all the carista stuff.

jerrymildred likes this.
  4. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sorry. I guess if you want Tesla features, you have to pay Tesla prices. :D Toyota is way way way behind the times when it comes to infotainment and other features like that. But they sure seem to have reliability and economy nailed down solidly. If Toyota put as much effort into their human interface design as they did the mechanical engineering, they would corner the automotive market.

hill likes this.