1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Added Motoforged SG10 wheels and Tanabe coilover to the Prius today

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Teddy Ngo, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Teddy Ngo

Teddy Ngo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    First off many thanks to Jeff and Garm at Micro Image. Top rate service over there. I bought the suspension on Friday, attempted to install them on Sunday, but got stuck because I dont have an offset wrench to reach the 17mm nut at the top. I emailed them on Sunday afternoon and they replied immediately to setup an appointment for Monday.

I arrived around 1030am Monday and we began working on the car. The whole time we were working on the car I felt very welcomed at the shop and it was just great all around.

I wanted to throw on the 13mm hub spacers but Jeff recommended I wait until I get the new tires on, let the suspension settle and get an alignment first. Probably a very smart idea since I would have probably rubbed a bit on the way home.

My initial impressions with the coilover is the car turns much nicer, I didnt get a chance to really test it yet, but some of the understeer is gone, not completely gone but much better. The ride is much more firm but still smooth. One thing that also went away was that on the stock suspension the car pulled heavily to the right, once we got the Tanabe on the steering wheel can now be centered and the car will go straight.

Wheel specs are 17x7.5 225/45/17. I dont recommend running these tire size as it will rub on the inside when the steering wheel is cranked in one direction, even on stock suspension. I threw these tires on because I got them for free and these are my 2nd set of wheels. New tires that are more prius friendly are coming this week. The rears are sunken in a bit so hub spacers are coming to even them out with the front.

Attached Files:

Burna J and Slolane like this.
  2. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    looks great!

Garm and microimage = good peepz :cool:

ztanos likes this.
  3. Teddy Ngo

Teddy Ngo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I still have to play around with spacers and stuff to get the fitment just right but it's getting there.

4. Slolane

Slolane Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Good stuff!! (y)

5. Teddy Ngo

Teddy Ngo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Did some more stuff to the car today.

Swapped out the wheels for gunmetal versions and added 13mm hub spacers to the rear.

Wheel specs are 17x7.5 45ET. 205/40/17 tires, no spacers up front, 13mm hub spacers in the rear. No rubbing what so ever. The rears are very close to rubbing, if I roll the fenders I think I can get another 10mm out of it. I may add a 5mm spacer up front. As they are now, they are flush with the fenders, daily driver friendly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RightOnTime likes this.
  6. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If you want to get more clearance, you can stack a -3 camber shim in the back.

Looks much better in gunmetal.

7. Teddy Ngo

Teddy Ngo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Thanks for the tip

8. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Oh, you really need that JDM touring spoiler! It's night and day!

ztanos likes this.
  9. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Agreed!