1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Added New Horn

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Animaza, Mar 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Animaza

Animaza Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Added a new horn into my 2006 Prius. Was tired of the meep meep and got a more normal sounding horn. I ordered the Hella trumpet horn from amazon. It was plug and play. Huge improvement.
    Link:

2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    (y)(y)
    Anything's better than those asthmatic little "meep-meep" things. I put Fiam Freeway Blasters in our two Prii. World of difference!!

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know if it regulations or just the local distributor's requirements but the Prii here have a very assertive horn very far away from a meep-meep.

jerrymildred likes this.
  4. Ewhitaker0020

Ewhitaker0020 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't think Amazon links work here. What number hella horn did you use? I think I'll do this upgrade too

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    JLX and jerrymildred like this.
  6. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yup, it's the ad blocker. I finally gave up on the ad blocker. They hid the Amazon links and didn't stop the most annoying ad which pops up once per session when you try to leave a page on the forum. Ads at the top & bottom or off to the side, I don't mind.

Back on topic, good idea on the horns. Never understood they Japanese car makers think we would like those wimpy sounding horns. They're fine on a forklift inside a warehouse. Not so fine on I-75. At least they are easy and inexpensive. :D