1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Added the Bridgestone Ecopia 422's today

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by SILVERCwSUN, Jul 2, 2012.

1. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Sold my Bridgestone Turanza's to my local Discount Tire Store. (4) Turanza's for $200.00. They only had 600 miles on them. I did not like the tires at all and the reviews were terrible. After much research I decided to go with the Bridgestone Ecopia 422's.

So I had 4 brand new Bridgestone Ecopia LRR 422's installed today (size- 175/65/R15).
    The Ecopia 422's have a much higher rating across the board than the Turanza's on the tirerack.com survey. The difference is noticeable in ride quaility and quietness for sure. Time will tell how they wear over the miles.

Added edit;The ride home from work last night on the interstate was MUCH quieter and the tires just ride MUCH nicer than the OEM Turanza's. I ended up paying 336.00 OTD for the set of (4) new Ecopia LRR 422s. in addition received a $100.00 Visa card rebate which I promptly registered for. All in all not a bad deal.

For what its worth.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You got a good price for your OE tires. Good job!

3. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks F8L.

I was happy the offer from (DCT) Discount Tire and especially not having to sell them myself or worse yet having to put them on craigslist. Also received a $100.00 visa card after a mail in rebate from DCT. So that makes my out of pocket cost 226.00

4. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
  5. cinder

cinder Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We have those on our 2011 Honda Fit. They were installed on May 5th, 2012 and now have around 2500 miles on them. Checked the depth yesterday. The front tires are slightly under 10/32s and the rears look to be at 10/32s. I always check the outer edge and middle of the tires. The wear is even so far. They start at 10/32s. They are kept at an average of 36 psi. Overall average since installation is 40.4 with 8 tanks of gas. Compared to this time last year, the car is doing much better overall. Those tires were the Dunlop SP 31 A/S which are OEM tires. The car handles better and is noticably quieter. Please keep us updated with your gas mileage and performance. Thanks

6. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

I have put 300 miles on the Ecopias...awesome tires and well worth the up grade. Much much quieter and a much nicer ride. A very noticeable difference.

7. cinder

cinder Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't forget to keep us informed on the gas mileage . Good or bad . Glad to see your pleased thus far .

8. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Cinder, as much as I would like to honor your request, I probably will not be so diligent as to post my mileage each and every time I fill up. I am still averaging between 48-52 on the highway. I highly reccomend this tire for a great quiet ride. Hope this helps!

9. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just bought the Bridgestone EP422 Ecopias (195/55/16) for my 2008 Touring Prius. I got 64K on the original equipment bridgestones. I like the look of them and the ride home was quiet.
    I expect to get a little hit in mileage until I break them in - but I chose them for the LRR qualities and do hope that they do as well in the long run.
    My lifetime calculated gas mileage for 64,000 miles is 50.02 MPG. Four years old and I like my car more than ever!

SILVERCwSUN likes this.
  10. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Will be coming up on my 5000 mile check up soon. Love the Ecopias and sooooooo glad I purchased them. Quiet, quiet tire and handle well in wet and dry weather. For what its worth.

F8L likes this.
  11. alfon

alfon Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We have about 700 miles on our Ecopia ep422 tires, 195x65x15, all 4 tires are inflated
    to 44 psi (max sidewall pressure stated on tire).

The tires I replaced where the Michelin Energy Saver AS, same size and same psi in all 4. They had
    about 68,000 miles and wear was even just about down to the wear bars.
    So far I see a loss of 2-4 mpg over the Michelin tires.

I do anticipate the mpg's will improve after the tires are broken in with a few thousand miles or so.
    They are quiet and the price was about $150.00 (Costco) less than the Michelin's Energy tires at Costco.

I

SILVERCwSUN likes this.
  12. WiscPriusc

WiscPriusc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hi SilverwSun, I just purchased my car and find the ride a bit harsh above 60 mph on concrete. I too have the Bridgestone Turanzas on the 15" wheels. I only have about 100 miles on the car, perhaps I should be more patient and wait for tires to break in a bit? I thought maybe tires were overinflated, but actually they were each about 4 psi below Toyota recommendations. So in addition to finding the Ecopia's more quiet, you've found them to be a bit softer too? Thanks for your posts.

13. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I would highly reccomend the Ecopias and purchase them again. Night and Day difference from the Turanza's. Hope this helps. Sell you Turanzas to a Discount Tire Store. You should get $50.00 each for them. Just have Discount tire deduct the $200.00 off the pruchase of your Ecopias. I did this and it worked seamlessly.

Hope this helps!