1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Addicted to Oil: Thomas L. Friedman Reporting

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by dipper, Jun 26, 2006.

1. dipper

dipper Senior Member

Did anyone see this Discovery Channel (also on Discovery Times) special on Saturday night?

I did find any discuss on this subject. So starting one to start a discussion.

This documentary report is very informative, and gets you really mad how US Government does business with Oil companies vs Others.

And the EV1... :rolleyes: [Guess Friedman did not catch on to the lies from GM's CEO]... you know... the lies that the EV1 was a flop... :angry:

2. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

Hi dipper- just saw your reference to this on another thread. I do recommend catching this if you can (I think that Discovery Channel repeats broadcasts regularly.)
    I read Friedman's column regularly- I don't always agree with , but on the issue of oil dependency I certainly do. I hope that this documentary gets a wide audience, because he does a good job of getting the point across of how crucial it is break this oil dependency, and then he highlights the various alternatives that are available to us.
    There might not be any great revelations to those who already follow the news on oil and alternative energy (I did find the discussion of green building technology in China extremely interesting), but I'm sure that many will enjoy watching it. And they gave a thorough demonstration of a plug-in Prius.

3. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I missed the first 15 min of it. I'll have to record it the next time its on. From what I've seen its pretty good. I liked the coverage of the plugin Prius. and the part when they tried to go to the whitehouse in that EV was funny. That woman security guard must have been on her period or something. They pulled up and before he could finish his sentence "Hi we are with...." she was like YOU CANT BE HERE! GO AWAY! :lol:

4. tnthub

tnthub Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In general, I thought it was an awesome program.