1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding 2 subs with 9 speaker JBL system.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Cody Gilmore, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Cody Gilmore

Cody Gilmore Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I looked around and couldn't find a post that quiet fit what I needed.

I have 2 subs boxed up with a 600W Ken-Wood amp and an SNI-35 adjustable output converter.
    Pac Audio SNI-35 (sorry 1st day here and couldn't link the product page)

This is my first time dealing with an automotive system and I had a few questions.

The idea is to slice into the neg/pos on both the left and right front speakers running them to my trunk and into the SNI-35 then into the AMP.

Do I need any kind of special connections when spicing into the lines or can I just cut, twist, heat shrink the 3 ends together?

Since the SNI-35 bring the power down to 1/10th will normal old speaker wire work to run it into the trunk?

This is what the guy at the local shop told me to do, but he had issues knowing which battery to hook my security camera up too, the 12v or the big nice person one under the seat.

2. Drewintoledo

Drewintoledo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    That sounds right to me, Cody. Cut the lines feeding the factory speakers. Splice new lines that run from the radio to your line converter. Splicing and sealing with heat shrink is excellent. Then run from the converter to your amp then to your speakers.
    Radio-->SNI35-->AMP-->Speakers
    Do NOT attach anything to the mother-in-law-heavy battery. That thing is over 200 volts.
    You need the small 12V battery to operate your equipment.
    Rock on!

Cody Gilmore likes this.
  3. Cody Gilmore

Cody Gilmore Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Fantastic! Do not worry I would never install anything to that battery.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to take lots of photos, hopefully I can help the next person along with a crappy guide.

4. Drewintoledo

Drewintoledo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Not sure what the total ampere pull available is on the Prius, but you might want to look into that. At 12V, your 600W amp would pull 50A. Maybe someone will chime in here..

Cody Gilmore likes this.