1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding a crash camera

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Steve Holmes, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Steve Holmes

Steve Holmes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I recently bought a small crashcam to fit behind the reversing mirror on my 2008 Prius. I have managed to run the cable into the cavity above the door light and glasses box.

I have also found a permanent live here, but not an ACC line as required by the camera. Any ideas if there is one in this area without running a separate lead to the fuse box?

Crashcam.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Kate Harvest

Kate Harvest Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you manage to get this done, I'd be pretty curious to see a photo guide. After a recent accident I've been contemplating adding a crash cam myself and I've seen this model available for super cheap on eBay...

3. Kate Harvest

Kate Harvest Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Soooo mine is installed. Hid the cable under the headliner then routed downward behind the door moulding, hooked up ground and the "accessory mode only" 12v line to the back of the cigarette lighter socket under the glove box, used a multimeter to find a random connector near that area that had 12v live when the car was off...

Video is blurry and out of focus but I paid $16 for the camera on eBay, it's small enough to sit completely behind the rearview mirror and I can totally see it saving me some grief if I'm ever in another accident. I think I'm reasonably happy with it.

20161126_085123.jpg 20161126_085137.jpg