1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

adding a key issue… chicken dance not working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Gino Veltri, Apr 2, 2024.

1. Gino Veltri

Gino Veltri Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    i think i may have too many keys registered to my vehicle. when i try the chicken dance it goes into programming mode (solid light) and then I a insert the new key and it does it 2-3 blink sequence but after a min it doesn’t go black , it just resumes normal security blinking.

my question is how do i delete keys or add a new one without techstream. i reallllllly don’t want to go thru the software hassle i went through before only to realize i have no idea how to operate techstream let alone get it running.

2. Sarze

Sarze New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So, I had this issue with my 2008. There's a guide that I used to "delete all non-master keys" and then I re-did the chicken dance to program them. I also have SKS and my programming was slightly different because at the end it worked if I clicked the lock button on the new key twice instead of once as it says in the guide. Uploaded the PDF file to my comment!

Attached Files: