1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding a SCC1 Sirius Tuner

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Philipt99, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Philipt99

Philipt99 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    So you are probably asking, "why would you want to add a sirius tuner to a car that has XM/Sirius built in?" Well... I already purchased a lifetime subscription to Sirius and it is linked to my SC-C1 Tuner. You can transfer ownership 3 times for a $50 fee but they will not let me transfer to this vehicle as it is sirius and XM. So, back to my dilemma, is there any way for me to add my SC-C1 to the stock radio in this car?

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Moved to to the audio and electronics forum for Prius c from the technical forum.

3. Philipt99

Philipt99 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Don't know if there is a solution for this but it is looking like I am out of luck. Every model before 2009 had an external tuner and you could plug in an adapter. It looks as if the new Prius models have the tuner built into the stereo... still hoping for a suggestion though... may just have to replace the stereo.

4. blueduce

blueduce Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I also have xm i connected to the audio in plug by glovebox works great anntenna is on dash in middle works o.k. semi next to you blocks signal here's a picture you can also buy antenna adapter for you xm or sirrus from best buy cost 16.00 plugs into back of radio

Attached Files:

5. Philipt99

Philipt99 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three