1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding Apple CarPlay

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by AdeptJR, Jan 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. AdeptJR

AdeptJR New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone knows a way to add Apple CarPlay to the factory Radio/Navigation system for a 2015 Prius?

Also, is there a function to correct volume when using your iPhone via USB or Bluetooth. When I listen to music or my Audiobooks, the volume is super low..

Thank you,

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not without replacing the entire headunit with an aftermarket one.

When you're connected via USB or BTA, go to your iPhone's volume setting (either control panel or just press the + button) to increase the volume on the phone.

ITBland likes this.
  3. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    There's a setting in itunes to normalize music files so the audio levels of music files will be relatively audible as other music files. In other words, audio tracks that are lower in volume will be amplified. Opposite is true, which ever audio/music file that's too loud will playback with volume relatively lower to keep volume constant. This may hear some kind of compressor and/or limiter effect for all you audiophile officinado like me will know what that is.