1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding aux to 2005 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Nickireland, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Nickireland

Nickireland New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi folks!

I just bought my 2005 Prius base used and am a huge audiophile and am dying for an aux input to use my iPod! Bluetooth would also be great, but isn't completely necessary. I've looked around and seen several options (aux-box, installing a new radio, etc.) but I'm completely naive about cars and taking them apart/installing things myself (though I'd be willing to try something rudimentary). Does anyone know a CHEAP/EASY way to use my iPod/iPhone in my car?

I know Best Buy charges $65 + parts for installation and I found some radios on Amazon for ~$30 with bluetooth and aux, but I'm not sure what I'm doing here and I'm sure I'll mess up.

Any recommendations would be great!! Thank you :)

2. MickyMatter

MickyMatter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    In the armrest there's no cigarette lighter and 3,5 mm AUX connector?
    Then somebody else, please...

SM-G900F ?

#2 MickyMatter, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  3. Nickireland

Nickireland New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi MickyMatter,

Thank you! Unfortunately there is no cigarette lighter/3.5mm AUX connector.

4. MickyMatter

MickyMatter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm sorry. Then it must have been an option for my Gen2 (German/European 2008, called "Sol edition")
    But I've installed an additional interface with USB and Bluetooth. But therefore one has to remove nearly the complete dashboard to connect the plug to the connector at the backside of the radio. Maybe not the solution, you're looking for.

SM-G900F ?