1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding Bluetooth & Satellite to '09

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jrdamien, Aug 10, 2016.

1. jrdamien

jrdamien Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    ***I have searched the forums!

I have a new '09 that has NO satellite or bluetooth option. I drive a lot and want to be able to use my phone via bluetooth and would also like to add SiriusXM at some point.

Can Prius headers be swapped out or can stereos be added/swapped? What are my options?

2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    This is what I'm considering doing Select Toyota Scion Lexus 02-12 Bluetooth Hands Free Car Adapter Kit since it's plug & play and utilizes the controllers already on the steering wheel. You would need a separate xm receiver of which there are numerous choices. If I understand the instructions correctly, you can't operate the third party xm tuner via the steering wheel controls as it will be an analog input.

You can install an xm tuner right now in your prius via the aux. input jack in the console while you ponder your bluetooth options.

3. jrdamien

jrdamien Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hmmm. That might work. For simple bluetooth use of streaming music it's far easier to just plug in a usb bluetooth module into the aux port, which is what I'm doing now.

But that doesn't give me phone calls. :/