1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding Bluetooth to 2010 Prius II

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ahinote, May 13, 2012.

1. ahinote

ahinote New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi Everyone,

I flipped through a couple threads and read about adding bluetooth functionality to the 2010 Prius II model, and I just had a couple more questions - and I'm hoping somebody else out there has experience to share!

I've owned my Prius for about a year now (base model II) and I decided I'm sick of using AUX to play music through my iPhone 4S. I have a good idea of how much it will cost to install, but I'm wondering:

1. Will the steering wheel controls for track forward/back work as they do with CD's when I play music over bluetooth?
    2. If there are any Spotify users out there, will the audio stream from their iPhone app or will it only communicate with the main iPod built in app? I figure I probably just have to have Spotify running as the music player at the time, but I want to know for sure!
    3. Are they still putting the bluetooth hang up/pick up control button in the weird spot below the power button? It's not a deal breaker but I'm curious.
    Thank you in advance for any help!

2. ahinote

ahinote New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi Everybody -

I ended up getting the Blu Logic standard toyota bluetooth installed so I wanted to share my experience for anyone else. It cost about $330 for the unit and the installation, which wasn't too bad. The bluetooth seems adequate - people on the other line say I sound far away and unclear at times so I'm not sure where they put the mic.

As for my questions, the steering wheel controls do NOT control my phone at all. The bluetooth exists totally seperate from the car radio. Volume and track up/down both don't work or have any effect. Spotify does stream fine through the unit, but the sound quality is crap. It frequently clips and you get a noticeable about of static when you jam out with the volume high. If you like cranking your volume, this is not the unit for you. The max volume on my iPhone 4s and the Bluetooth unit createse only about a 40 on the normal stereo - plus it only comes out of the front two speakers!

Overall, if you're just using the unit for phone calls it's probably enough for you. If you're leaning on it for music, your better off going with a Prius III or another bluetooth vendor. Personally I'm going to see about returning this thing and looking into a dedicated iPod hook-up that ties into my car more. Hopefully something like this exists and actually ties into my stereo - I will definitely keep the forum posted!

3. r3dl4b3l

r3dl4b3l Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Why not just get the USA Spec for the iPhone? Search for Success blu logic usa spec pa15 toy, can't post links just yet :(

4. r3dl4b3l

r3dl4b3l Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  5. Lakerfan02

Lakerfan02 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just buy a myrondavis unit on ebay and get nav blue tooth dvd for.250 shipped!

6. clokwise

clokwise Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm thinking about trying the Belkin Aircast unit. $60 and from what I've read it does a pretty good job. I want to see where people are installing it in a Prius but no one seems to have one mounted.

7. ChrisJames

ChrisJames New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey i have the same issue. I want to add the bluetooth ans nav.. Did you get it installed if so did everything work ? Nav, bt ?