1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding door lock sensors?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by jgurley, Aug 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. jgurley

jgurley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    II
    Anyone ever tried adding a electrified passenger side door pull to a base model? I'd bet the harness is there. Maybe your can enable it the OBD interface? Same question for the hatch? Really the only feature I miss.

2. jgurley

jgurley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    II
    Sorry. I searched inside Priuschat and found nothing, but google showed me the proper search terms. I assume by the time I finish reading the long thread I'll know my answer.

3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The answer is NO. I don't think it's an easy mod to convert 1 door SKS to 3 doors SKS. Actually, for Prius PRIME, XLE and Limited are 4 doors SKS which include the fuel port lock. If you find any information on the conversion, please let us know.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if history tells us anything, the harness is there, and you need antennae and maybe ecu

5. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    You are thinking that all the necessary hardware is in there and just needs a command to start working. If this is untrue, or you can't find the command, you could try transplanting a full set of hardware from a junker and then running the signal wires to the working lock in hope of slaving the new lock to a working one.

6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My history with Prii has mostly told me Toyota isn't prone to running many more wires than the trim level they are building will need.

On a couple of occasions, I've been motivated enough to pull the dash apart or fish through the firewall to add something that wasn't in my trim, but often I just reconsider the project at that point.

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you could very well be right. someone added sks to the hatch and passenger door of a gen 2 or 3, and all the wires were there iirc. still a big job though, it is detailed here somewhere.

i seem to remember things like power mirrors and cruise, etc. where the wires were there, but i'm old and mostly senile

8. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It's worth mentioning that the wiring diagram typically does show what wires are or aren't going to be there in a particular build. I've used this drawing as an example before:

[​IMG]

You can see you'll have the wires with (*6) in a car with the Touch Tracer display, or the ones with (*7) in a car without, and the wires with (*8) if the car came with nav, or (*12) if the non-display radio, and so on, with the legend for the numbered *s being up in the top corner there.

The nice thing about that is you can find out what kind of a job you're in for before crawling into the car and pulling panels off.