1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding Dynamat

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BethlehemPrius, Jul 16, 2007.

1. BethlehemPrius

BethlehemPrius New Member

For anyone curious, I added dynamat to one door this evening, I can't believe how solid it sounds now when shutting the door, no more tin can sound :)

Took a bit long due to being a newbie at it, but can only imagine how quiet the car will be once all are done, considering it was really quiet before.

I'll post pics once done with the next panel in case anyone is interested.

PS, has anyone replaced the door speakers? How the H*ll do you get them out, I just saw that they are riveted in! (ok I don't think I spelled that one right ...lol )

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The plastic rings are riveted, the speakers screw into the rings with four phillips screws. Put extra sound deadening material behind the speakers, maybe with some crumple to avoid standing waves.

Lots of discussion on speakers in the Audio and Electronics forum.

3. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    How many sq ft of mat are you putting in? How much does it cost?

To remove the speakers, you have to take a 1/8" drill bit and drill through the rivets really hard.

4. BethlehemPrius

BethlehemPrius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zenMachine @ Jul 17 2007, 02:04 AM) [snapback]480095[/snapback]</div>

I am posting how i did the install and pics on a new thread going up today. thx