1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding fog lights to Prime XLE

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by road2cycle, Jan 24, 2021.

1. road2cycle

road2cycle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I searched the forums and didn’t find any threads regarding adding fog lights to the Prime XLE trim (this is likely applicable to the LE trim as well).

I have seen lots of posts stating the fog lights are fairly useless in the fog. I appreciate fog lights for how they light up the lane stripes and shoulder paint lines when the road is wet. That is why I’m considering this as the first mod for my Prime.

I researched some Toyota parts sites and based on this assembly it appears the turn signal and fog light are an integrated unit.
    AC46C75B-42B2-43C6-8CA7-A50B64D270F6.png

I’m not willing to spend $1000 in parts cost to get fog lights.

Toyota also sells the plastic panels which fit the Limited fog lights (#7 on LE and XLE, #8 on Limited).

BA5EAAFE-A9B9-4A73-A221-527A160E81DA.png

Has anyone found aftermarket fog lights which fit the existing hole on the Limited panel?
    Has anyone found an aftermarket fog light and panel assembly which fit the existing panels on the Prime’s front bumper?
    Or would I be better off finding aftermarket fog lights and determining a custom way to mount them?
    Also are there any recommended aftermarket places to get dash switches which fit the Prime? (I plan to mount a moisture resistant relay in the engine compartment so the switch would only need to support the current for the relay coil and not the load current of the two fog lights.)

Thanks for any input you can offer.

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know of any aftermarket fog light kit for Prius Prime, but I must say I have not looked for it that hard.
    This thread, especially the pdf instruction OP posted may help with the installation of the fog light. The direction is for the addition of the accent light but the access is very similar for the fog light assembly, I believe.
    Adding the LED Accent Lights to Prime Plus & Premium | PriusChat

road2cycle likes this.
  3. road2cycle

road2cycle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Thanks. I’ll check out that thread to see what I’ll be up against.