1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

adding front camera

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by MagnusAG99, Apr 22, 2017.

1. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Do anyone know if this Rear View Camera Connection Cable to Toyota GEN5 / GEN6 will interfere with the backupcamera with the 2011 EU prius with parking assist? Im literally looking everywhere to find out, but i cant find out shit about Panasonic system. I know this is the connector for L41 on the pic i provided. But what i cant find out is where the video goes to the parking assist, i would think its going thru the gvif, since thats the parking assist, but still. i know the "switch" to turn on and off the camera is going thru one of the grey connectors on my system. im not gonna use that since i will be having a own switch down in the control panel where the headlight washer button sits and stuff. But yea, this might be a little messy, but what do u guys think?

Attached Files:

2. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    looks like ive found out about it. (pics below)

3. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Can't see pics 8-(

4. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ill leave pics down here when I get home, I haven't added the camera yet but know which connectors it is