1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding OEM nav and rear camera

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by spencerprs, Jun 29, 2022.

1. spencerprs

spencerprs New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Has anyone here added OEM nav unit and/or OEM rear camera? I picked up a Nav unit and rear camera for 100 bucks. Wanting to add. Are they pre wired? Thanks.

2. Gabriel Maia

Gabriel Maia New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    so, there is a way. you have to buy a T-harness connector to plug to the back of the radio. if your prius is the ONE or TWO, youll have to run a wire from the knee pannel to the back of the radio as a "backup camera signal". and that SHOULD be the trick. HOWEVEEEEERRRR, i have tried to do this on mine and havent worked. but i know it does work because there are videos and tutorials showing the camera working and all.... I am probably hooking something wrong on my wiring diagram and thats why i am not being able to get the camera to work.. but know that yes, there is a way to add a rear view camera to an OEM CD unit. google "Prius c backup camera" and youll see what im taking about. if you eventually get to install it, and works, would you please share how you wired things up?

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've been researching an Android based rear view mirror w/dash cam functionality. It seems like the cleanest way to upgrade a Prius that doesn't have a back up camera. But haven't gone deep enough down the rabbit hole to figure out which one gives the most value for price.

Anyone have a rear view mirror back up camera?