1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding rear speakers

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Rick Smih, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Rick Smih

Rick Smih Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    I just bought a 2012 c1 and would like to add rear speakers. From reading another thread it looks like there are no wires in the rear door. Is it a big deal to run wires and is there a harness behind the radio for the rear speakers. I'm somewhat handy but by no means an expert. I'm also a little worried about breaking clips removing panels. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Dylan Doxey

Dylan Doxey Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just took my 2012 C1 to the local car audio shop. They installed a pair of rear speakers and the necessary wiring for $175.
    I was skeptical that they might just splice them in with the front speakers. But the Fader control works which implies they did it the right way.

3. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two

You need to buy a $20 (1987-current) rear speaker plug/harness that will plug to the back of the radio and has about 8 inches of wire to connect your new speaker wires. My suggestion is run them under the rocker panel moldings and up into the molex plug that supplies the wiring thru the b pillar to the rear door.

4. Rick Smih

Rick Smih Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    Thanks for the info, looks like rear speakers in the near future.