1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding Reflectors to Valenti Tail lights

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by GoldPianoGarden, Sep 18, 2011.

1. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    i agree.

Eventhough I got pulled over once, i still kept it on after debating whether or not I should change my tail lights etc...

...and I even went with the smoked LED 3rd brake light, loll

2. JAYSONE

JAYSONE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yeah...guess I'll just do the same and rock it how it is. So far no problems myself, although I was a bit paranoid in the beginning.

I do like the other color options, but since I spent a good amount on then, I like how the smoked lenses and aren't easily overlooked.

3. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    can't go wrong with these taillights :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Given that Canadian police were borderline insane for pulling you over for the rear reflectors despite the Valenti lights having fully exposed rear reflectors (which would never happen in the United States), why don't you drive with the headlights on 24/7? That way, you'll always have some red in the rear.

5. GoldPianoGarden

GoldPianoGarden Bling Meister

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The smoked Valenti have rear reflectors? or are you referring to the other colors?

6. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    yes, they have 2, but I noticed that they are smoked too, barely visible at night, but visible when there is light shining on them

7. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well, you learn something new every day! lol! I had no idea they even had reflectors on/in them.

ucsmfu likes this.
  8. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I like to have my drls leds on in the daytime. However, during raining days or gloomy days in the daylight I leave my headlights on.

You know what happend 3 weeks go ?, pretty funny, but I forgot to post here. A car pulled up beside me, the guy and rolled his windows down and told me that my taillights are burnt out and told me to check it when and get it replaced. I was in a rush to catch a movie that day, however I pulled into a parking lot just to double check. Everything was working fine, that guy was just a noob cause the Valentis bottom park is for the turn signals and reverse light and I guess it's dark on the bottom half of the taillights.

9. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    GoldPianoGarden

are you entering the Toyotafest this year ??

10. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yep, they're actually pretty visible when shined upon.

[​IMG]

ucsmfu likes this.
  11. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I don't even know anything about it! I've been SUPER consumed with my caretaking role the last couple of months, so I am COMPLETELY out of the loop! My car has just been sitting in my garage all this time. I still have some painting things to get finished up on my car. I STILL haven't had anything wired up (lighting mods, sound system, etc.). And, my garage door came down on my rear hatch a number of weeks ago (no explanation as to why) and shattered my hatch glass into a million pieces. I have to deal with that still (my rear Tommy Kaira wing will have to be taken off for them to replace the glass, cause the wing -in addition to being bolted onto the rear hatch- also mounts onto the glass partway on both sides). Thinking about it all is overwhelming. lol! So, back to your question, are you participating in this Toyotafest thing?

12. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well, that's great that it actually has reflectors! Thanks for the pic and the clarification!!

13. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    wow, sounds bad, hope everything will turn out ok when u get everything fixed up.

I'm super tempted to make a trip down, join the Toyota fest, get Sean to help me install some parts, and hopefully meet most of you Priuschat members and your Prius. I have always wanted to check out your Prius in person, haha !!

Thing is I just got a new job, and just waiting to settle in etc.. before I use up my vacation and sick days :p
    Plus if I drive down to Cali, I will be going to Disneyland, Universal Studios, and Sea World, lolll

Bullet Salvador likes this.