1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding usb port to 2010 gen3

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Tiff, Jul 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Tiff

Tiff Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi
    I have a 2010 gen 3 with a b9019 hwad unit with an aux port in the glove box.
    Does anyone know exactly what i need to add usb for audio.
    I thought it would just be the port but the connection looks different.
    Any ideas

Thanks

2. vkimbro

vkimbro Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I’m assuming that you want a USB port that accesses the onboard computer, not just for charging. If so, you need to remove the existing auxiliary port/usb connector and splice the 4 existing wires (power, gnd, +data, -data). Next solder in wires that will lead to the new usb port. Personally I then either cover the solder joints with liquid electric tape, or heat shrink, or both. Then solder the other end of the new wires to the new USB port. Mount the new USB port where you want it, and reassemble any of the things you disassembled to get access to the aux port, and you should be done. It’s pretty simple. You can find instructions on disassembling your glove box for aux port removal on YouTube most likely.

3. Tiff

Tiff Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply.
    I was looking at usb audio as done in late 2010. Charging not worried about its purely audio but wanted it to be oem as in track name and control from head unit.
    I have found on fleebay a kit with port and wiring? Just didnt know if this would do it

4. Tiff

Tiff Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    This one

Attached Files: