1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding wiring for Heated Side Mirrors?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Actual Mileage, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Actual Mileage

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nvm

2. haruman

haruman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I actually would like to know.

I have a cripped standard version 2008 prius without the heated side mirrors and cruise control. Does the standard 2008 prius have the necessary wiring for the heated windows?

My idea was to replace the non-heated version of my mirrors with heated versions, expecting that it would just work with the rear defogger switch on.

Can anyone confirm this? If so, it'd be a simple upgrade by simply swapping out old non heated mirrors with the heated one.

thanks!

3. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have just done this mod in the Uk. In the UK/EU version the wiring does not exist in the doors but is easy to install.

I have posted the instructions "do a search on (Drivers side mirror heater not working)and go to post 13. The only problem is I do not know if the supply point for the mirrors in the US version is in the same place "the drivers side kick panel in the UK = passengers side for you in the US" connection shown in picture in post 19. This is the supply to the heated rear window.

Hope this is of some help and if you have any questions I will be pleased to answer if I can.

John (Britprius)

4. n0rberto

n0rberto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello John,
    I know this is a very old topic and hoping you still have somewhere the instructions you have mentioned above.
    Unfortunately is not available on this forum anymore. (I did search for but cannot find it).
    If you have a chance to locate the instruction and re share with us would be appreciated.
    These cars are still on the road over in Ireland as well then there are still Pri2 owners you could help them out.
    My car has no heated mirrors either and always was hoping to find some solution how to get it fixed.

5. Jerzy

Jerzy New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----

Have you found anything? If yes could you share with me.
    Thx