1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Address Book: Favorites Only?

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by mr88cet, May 12, 2017.

1. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Best I've been able to gather, when you register your phone with your P.Prime's Bluetooth, it will automatically download contacts from your phone, true?

Furthermore, best I can tell, it will only download the contacts you designate as Favorites, right?

iPhone ? Pro

2. martydallas

martydallas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My experience thus far is it downloads all my contacts. I’m able to find everything. What I’m finding is the contacts I place as favorites in the car have disappeared a few times and I keep having to add them back. I’ve got better than 500 contacts on my iPhone and I am finding all of them in the car display.

I’m having issues though with making phone calls occasionally it does not seem to make the voice connection connect even though the phone call is active so here’s what I’ve experienced.

Radio is playing
    I place a phone call any number of ways, while doing so the radio goes silent
    then all of a sudden the radio comes back on
    I see the phone/car has made the connection for the call
    I can see the time tick away but I can’t hear them, they certainly can hear me.
    Eventually both of us give up and they returned my call and the connection is fine.

mr88cet likes this.
  3. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Regarding contacts, thanks!

Regarding phone issues, I'm guessing you have an iPhone 6(plus) or higher? If so there have been several threads about those concerns here. You might want to search them.

iPhone ? Pro

4. martydallas

martydallas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yes I know there are several threads out there that’s why I haven’t really posted anything about it. I have the 7 plus.

As for contacts, I had to do something initially when setting it up that I remember, I do notice every time I’m in the car shortly after startup reading across the top of the display it says favorites and contacts uploaded. I’m just surprised it does this every single time.

mr88cet likes this.
  5. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    When I'm in the car, it is my contact list. When my wife drives, it is hers. I wouldn't want it to store both lists.

mr88cet and martydallas like this.
  6. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Oh, well now, now that is indeed surprising, but I guess a good thing to keep them up-to-date.

iPhone ? Pro

7. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    In the Phone screen, there are Options under the Contacts where one can set up whether you want the contact list and/or the recent-call list automatically downloaded each time you connect. (Or it may be in a setup menu; I don't recall) I had it download the contact list once, and then turned off the automatic download. Just my preference.

mr88cet likes this.
  8. martydallas

martydallas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yes I understand the phone has favorites, when I connect to my car I see each time that the contact list is updated. But it does nothing to my favorites which is also a button on the car.

I've added these manually and for whatever reason they've disappeared two different times after adding them. Don't recall my phone being updated i.e., iOS update that may help wipe them out. But this is part of the car not part of the phone.

I think I understand what you're saying above that the contacts come over from your phone and so do the favorites come over from your phone. I wish mine worked that way not sure if there is additional click or setting I need to do.