1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adjustable Roof Rack Specifications - Help Please!

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by rdburns, May 14, 2016.

1. rdburns

rdburns New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    New here - Thrilled to find that this forum exists! I expect this will be my first question of many, and look forward to sharing my knowledge where possible. I'm in desperate need of some help!

We recently bought kayaks, and along with that, a roof rack. Although we told the salesperson at the department store (Canadian Tire) the year and model of vehicle, once opening the instructions we realized there are no associated measurements for the 2015 PriusC, only for the Prius and for a point of comparison, the Yaris.

Here's what's came in the instructions SportRack SR1002:

Prius 5DR
    Front 22, Rear 21 [FOR LENGTH OF BAR]
    Front 11, Rear 28 [FOR DISTANCE FROM FRONT OF ROOF, DISTANCE FROM BACK OF ROOF]

Yaris
    Front 12, Rear 8 [FOR LENGTH OF BAR]
    Front 15, Rear 30 [FOR DISTANCE FROM FRONT OF ROOF, DISTANCE FROM BACK OF ROOF]

As you can see, there is quite a difference here. Worst of all, no instructions for the PriusC...

Does anyone have an idea what the exact measurements would be for the 2015 PriusC for the above noted model (SR1002)? Or other roof racks?

If not, are there other options under $200 CAD? We could still return the existing rack. I'll be attaching J kayak holders for use 3-4 times annually (going to our cottage).

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! sorry i can't help. have you tried google? or perhaps a word with the salesperson, they might have given you the wrong model. all the best!(y)

3. rdburns

rdburns New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Have tried google extensively... As well as searching the forum.
    The salesperson said it would be listed under the measurements for Prius - despite my explaining that the PriusC is quite different in dimension, shape etc.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    right, sounds like they don't know what a c is. the problem is finding something under $200.c

have you looked through the c 'acc. and mods' forum for what others are using?

5. Brian P

Brian P New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you ever get this roof rack installed on the Prius C? I'm considering the same rack, assuming it fits.

6. rdburns

rdburns New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    No, we ended up going with a Yakima to the tune of about $600, taxes and installation included. SportRack didn't fit at all, Rhino was too risky to try: The deal breaker for me was the fine print from the online stores, specifically that online companies that sold Rhino Racks or the like would only let you return it unopened and therefore I was not confident in the fit and would be unable to return should it not.

No single company that shipped to Canada was familiar with our make/model enough to say with confidence that it was the right fit. For example, we were told if it fits the Prius it would fit the C.

If you go the online route do your homework on the return policy, the specific parts and ensure they know exactly what car you are talking about.