1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adjusting audio

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by RichardPete, Feb 3, 2021.

1. RichardPete

RichardPete Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    My 2019 Limited has the JBL sound system and the 11.4-inch screen. But the manual (apparently) covers only the smaller screen in the audio section. My right channel has no audio, so I’d like to find the “sound settings screen” to check left-right balance. Can’t find the screen. Tried forever, seems like. In setup, I get an audio button on the screen, but when I push that, I get “audio settings” but only two useless options: “Number of Radio Presets” and “Cover art.” Any suggestions? Thank you.

Richard

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There should be a separate navigation manual that covers the 11.6” screen.

1. Open/expand the audio screen (press bottom right of screen)
    2. Press Sound
    3. You should be able to adjust the balance and fade

jerrymildred likes this.
  3. RichardPete

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Yes. Thank you. I appreciate response. But I’m still struggling. P78 says, “Select the area for displaying audio information at right side bottom of the screen to display the audio control screen.” But select what? There is a little, orange musical note symbol there, but as before, when I push it, the screen goes to the “Select Audio Source” screen, where you can chose AM, FM, SAT, etc. But there is still no obvious path to the screen I need to change audio balance.

Richard

4. RichardPete

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Found it! The “Sound” button appears when the radio is in AM mode. I had been trying it in FM, and the “Sound” button greyed-out. Not usable. Seems odd. Regardless, I have learned that the front passenger door speaker has failed, it is very low in volume and muffled. The balance control (once I found it) was set correctly. Thank you.

Richard