1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adjusting driver seat

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Reagle, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Reagle

Reagle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've been wondering if its just me, but in the almost 5k miles I've owned my 2012 Prius III, I've not been able to find a comfortable position. I am either too close to steering, and too far from the pedals, or I can't reach radio controls, or my back, right hand and leg get very uncomfortable in as little as 10-15 miles. It even resulted in a few chiropractor visits before it clicked in my mind that the car may have something to do with it. I am 5'9 about 140 lbs. I'd say pretty average size.

Does anybody have any pointers on the "process" of getting the seat adjusted to comfort?

2. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Should we assume you have tried the fore and aft movements and height adjustment on the driver's seat, along with adjusting the rake of the seatback? And that you have also tried adjustments for the steering wheel? And nothing makes it comfortable for you. Sorry, but I think those are all the adjusments that you can make.

3. Reagle

Reagle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Certainly tried all of them. Steering wheel does not telescope far enough for that to help either

4. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hmmm. I can't offer anything else. I'm 6' tall, with long arms (36" sleeve) so just about anything is in reach for me, although I tend to use the steering wheel controls for the radio. The Gen III seems to me to have more room than the Gen II, with the driver's seat moving further back from the wheel. But that may just be due to the up and down adjustment available now that the older cars didn't have. Anyway, I wish you luck and hope you can get comfortable.

5. Reagle

Reagle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I guess what I am hoping somebody came with is a "procedure" like thing that sequences adjustments- Get height, then get distance from the wheel, etc. Considering the III's seat only has maybe 3 degrees of freedom, I wonder how people with power seats adjust those with the number of combinations available :)