1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adjusting high beam separately?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by FinToy, Jan 26, 2017.

1. FinToy

FinToy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just replaced my halogen long beams with Xenon conversion kit. However, it seems that new bulbs create a very bright area close to car nose - causing me to actually see worse far away to the distance.

Can long beams be adjusted separately somehow? I tried looking at the housings and I only saw one adjustment screws. I have factory LED lights if it matters.

2. Slicer89

Slicer89 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    HIDs in reflectors never work well, You're better off converting the stock 9005(?) bulbs to 9012 HIR. They are still halogen, and produce ALOT more light than halogen, but still perform as they should in the reflector. Your best bet is to just go back to halogen. The highbeams cannot be adjusted differently, either.

3. FinToy

FinToy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Will try that, thanks for the tip!

I was afraid this would be the answer. However, I was hoping someone might have thought of something different and found a sloution.

Thanks!

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    +1, highbeams aren't adjustable.

5. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    See attached. It says that if the low beams are aligned correctly, then the high beams will be also. As you mentioned, there is only one adjustment screw for each headlight unit, whether halogen or LED. Hope this helps...

Attached Files:

FinToy likes this.