1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adjusting to the seating...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by tach18k, Aug 7, 2013.

1. tach18k

tach18k Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I came from a F150 to the Prius. Two things that has been an issue for me, well maybe 3. Number 1, my foot and the gas pedal being so small I feel my foot is either half on or half off, no real feel for a comfort spot, and BTW, it is a size 12. Number two, my elbows, mostly the left. Since the Prius my seating has changed several times, my elbows ache from the twisting and turning to reposition the arm on the door to my lap, while steering. It seems to be an unnatural movement for the arm and the joints. And there is no real comfort spot for the left arm. The door edge is so narrow. finding the sweet spot to have isn't there. Seating too high and I ram the steering wheel, too low and the left arm is out of position and hard to move about. Too far to the rear and the arm are outstretched like I'm on a roller coaster.
    Has anybody else run into similar issues or new aches and pains?

2. cary1952

cary1952 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    this is a common complaint of many owners including my self. I dont have some of the issues you have because I am not as tall but I have trouble getting my left arm comfortable.

3. g4_power

g4_power Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I'm only 200 lbs and I find the Prius uncomfortable. Considering the Prius could get better mpg than a Mini Cooper, I can't complain. It is what is it. This is one reason why I kept my old van. I needed something more comfortable when I go on a real long trip.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    many threads about this here. do some searching, there are as many 'solutions' as complaints. all you can do is keep trying different ideas. all the best!(y)

5. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    1) Try pedal pad available at auto parts stores. Toyota service may yank it off though.

Note: Take a yardstick and level, place on center armrest and level it ..... ooooh, that door armrest is about 3/4 to 1 inch lower.

3) Steering wheel with its paltry adjustment range both tilt and telesopic 'force' me to sit up high and duck down to see some lights.

I won't say much else except I am 6'2" tall, 190 lbs, in good shape, no health issues and ...

these devices are currently in use in my car and will continue to be:

3M Command brand poster strips adhere but leave no residue on fabric. Will replace with black neoprene soon.

camera 431.jpg

camera 430.jpg

1/4" x 3.5" x 17" Poplar wood covered with 1/2" neoprene foam, magnetic clip, 5/8" wood shim. Use at your own risk.

camera 502.jpg