1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Advanced Technology Package confusion

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by priusenvious1, Oct 27, 2012.

1. priusenvious1

priusenvious1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'm a little confused about this option. I'm looking at the "Build Your Car" feature on Toyota. The Advanced Technology Package option is $4,320. If you get the Prius with the "Five" trim, it seems to include the 17" wheels, HUD, the Navigation and Intune already. So selecting this package are you essentially, you're paying $4,320 additional for just those additional features like Cruise Control, Pre Collision and Lane Assist? I guess it's worth it if you're getting a lower Prius with this package? According to the website:

Advanced Technology Package

• (AW) 17" alloy wheels
    • (AY) includes Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) [12], Pre-Collision System (PCS) [23], Lane Keep Assist (LKA) [13], Head-Up Display (HUD), Premium HDD Navigation [6] with Entune™ [7] and JBL®, Safety Connect® [22]
    • (FE) 50 state emissions
    I see the Prius Four and Five by default includes:

FOUR
    SofTex®-trimmed seats and steering wheel, 8-way power-adjustable driver's seat with power lumbar support, JBL® GreenEdge™ speakers with amplifier, available Deluxe Solar Roof Package [1] with HDD Premium Navigation [6] with Entune® [7] and Head-Up Display (HUD), auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink® universal transceiver, and projector-beam halogen headlights with auto-on/off feature

FIVE

Features upgraded wheels and headlights, 17-in. 5-spoke alloy wheels with P215/45R17 tires, LED headlights with auto level control, on/off feature and headlight cleaners and integrated fog lights

2. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Where are you located? Options vary not only by country, but also by region.

In California at least, and I think most places, only the Five can have the Advanced Technology Package. The Five does have the 17" wheels and LED headlights - the headlights were previously only part of the package, I believe, like on my 2010. The package gets you a "premium" navigation system with a bigger display, and which is hard disk based instead of using an optical disk. The models I see, the Five also doesn't have the HUD - that comes with the Solar Roof on the Four, and the AT package on the Five. And there's also the DRCC, LKA, PCS, and Safety Connect.

Is it expensive? Yes. Is it overpriced? Probably - it almost certainly has a higher profit margin than the base version of the car. Is it worth it? Depends on the person.

3. tommygun

tommygun Who was that masked man?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Once you've had radar cruise control, you can't be without it; at least in the kind of highway driving I do. That made the choice easy for me. In the Prius it only comes with the ATP.