1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Advertising Prius in UK

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Oxo, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This Toyota advertisement headed 'Silent Discos' appeared in the Guardian Weekend 8 Oct. As there seem to be very few Prius on the roads here and few people would know what's special about a Prius not many readers, I suspect, would understand or even read the ad.

Maybe a version of this has already been appearing in the USA?

Attached Files:

2. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

I don't think this is a Prius advertisement perse (although in a stretch you could see it as an advertisement of "stealth mode").

I think it's something that Toyota probably sponsored along with the Guardian to highlight interesting social ideas.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I've seen nothing like this in US Prius advertising. Toyota is really doing a lot of HSD advertising and promotion right now, with TV ads and even sponsoring popular public radio shows. The push is to the <a href=\'http://www.hybridsynergydrive.com\' target=\'_blank\'>HybridSynergyDrive.com</a> web site, with the Moving Forward tagline reinforced.

I like the idea of a silent disco!

4. MBranstein

MBranstein New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There are not that many disco/club rave places in the US - to our disadvantage. Live spinning DJs in the US are nothing like those of Europe. I only wish we'd become a trance nation.

Anyway, the Prius advertisements in the Midwest (Ohio) are non-existant. The only ads we have seen are the HSD ads during prime-time television shows and Sunday football.

Due to the lack of ads, I've taken it upon myself to advertise to the younger generation by telling my neices and nephew about hybrid vehicles and how they are the first step towards a cleaner earth. At 6 years old, my nephew spouts out how hybrid vehicles save the environment by producing less emisions and using both gasoline and batteries for power. He thinks it's a really cool idea - you have to get them started young.