1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Advice - Honda Civic Hybrid

Discussion in 'Honda/Acura Hybrids and EVs' started by Flaninacupboard, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Flaninacupboard

Flaninacupboard Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi guys,

I know the Prius very well, but a friend of mine is thinking of buying this HCH:

2003 03 Reg HONDA Civic 1.3i VTEC SE Executive IMA 

What should i expect to find that is different from the prius, i.e. what EV operation does it have, how smooth should it be, what problem signs may there be?

Any and all advice appreciated!

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Titty Ho? lol

I would be very wary of an old HCH. Is there no way he can stretch to an early gen2 Prius? Doesn't the HCH suffer from early battery failure despite many software updates?

The following is a link to owners reviews from the Parkers website. They all seem quite happy with the car, though all the reviews are a few years old when the cars were quite new;

Honda Civic IMA Saloon (03-05) Owners' Reviews, Problems and Advice | Parkers

3. Teacake

Teacake OohShiny

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I second Grumpy's advice and add that I, too, would be especially wary of an older HCH. Considering all the negative things I've read concerning the battery lives and Honda's response to battery problems, I wouldn't consider anything that isn't Certified Used and within the last few model years.