1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Advice needed for running rear cam cable thr side curtain airbag panel...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by us_matrix, Jan 14, 2011.

1. us_matrix

us_matrix Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

I am going to install the rear camera on 2010 Prius. I believe that I have to remove the rear side curtain airbag panel in order to run the rear camera cable to the hatch door. Since I have never done it and don't know what is inside:confused:. I was wondering where i am going to place the rear camera cable in that area? Over the rear side airbag? I just want to make sure what is the best way to run the rear camera cable through that area without interference the airbag or making any damage to the airbag. Any picture or advice are very appreciated.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Rather than take a chance damaging the airbags (or them going off in your face), why not run the cable along the floor, under the coverings?

3. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The techdoc document shows the full install of OEM camera. It is quite complicated, but you find how to wire camera video cable through the car. I used this path: the left side doors scuff plates, through C pillar, roof headlining, rubber pipe and 5th door to OEM camera location.

4. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I don't have a clue how to do that stuff, but I know one thing. DO NOT run that cable through the airbag panel. (IMO)The bag is at risk for proper expansion in the unlikely event of bag deployment.

Happy Motoring,

Tom

5. us_matrix

us_matrix Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks guys.
    I installed the rear cam. In fact, I just need to run the rear cam cable along with the factory wires and it's away from the airbag.