1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Advice on Damaged 2007 Pruis?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by WhiteTurtle, Feb 26, 2018.

1. WhiteTurtle

WhiteTurtle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My son, with one week on his driver's licence, backed up my 2007 Pruis into my 2010 Jeep Wrangler with enough speed to do about $3000 worth of damage to the Prius. Pushed in the back hatch, trashed the bumper, bent the body panel the hatch connects into. (the jeep is pretty much unscathed). One pic is attached. I can attach more later. My problem is that I cannot make an insurance claim because I am getting ready to change insurance companies, and the net cost to me would offset the benefit of the claim. The body shop pulled the support bar that the hatch latches into back out enough that I can open and close the hatch. The car has 102k miles, is in great shape otherwise, I am the second owner and have had it since 59k miles, so I know it's history. I can either sell it or fix it the best I can myself, and let my son drive it until some other catalyst forces the issue. If I decide to sell it, any ideas on how much I could expect to get for it? Does anyone have a source for a white used hatch? Anyone have other ideas or thoughts? Thanks for any input! upload_2018-2-26_12-27-31.png upload_2018-2-26_12-27-31.png