1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

advice on extras for my soon-to-be new Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by LittleRedHen, Feb 6, 2008.

1. LittleRedHen

LittleRedHen New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Okay, so I am selling my beloved 2004 and going with a 2008 pkg #5. A few questions:

I got a lot of scratches on my current bumper from not-so-great parallel parking, and I'd love to avoid that with my new car. I was wondering if the rear bumper appliques sit on top of the bumper, or if there is one that actually covers the back bumper itself.

Also - thanks to perusing the threads here, I'm holding off on the platinum warranty (unless they can match the $990 price) but I was wondering if anyone has strong feelings for or against the RS3200 security system. It doesn't seem to me that Prii are on the top of the auto theft list...

I'll probably get cargo & floor mats, but I sort of dig the clear ones offered here. Anyone? Bueller?

And this is a shot in the dark, but...the buyer then asked I get a dent taken out. I was so excited and flustered I agreed. I'd also like to have it inspected so that she and I both feel good about the sale. Anyone have any suggestions for an inspection (dealer, maybe?) and auto body work in Los Angeles?

Thanks all!

Thanks for the help...

2. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The rear bumper applique sits on the top. Sounds like you are interested in the black rubber strips that can be wrapped around the car.

4. LittleRedHen

LittleRedHen New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thank you both - yep, those strips are what I need! I found the link where Boo talks about the Flint Mica Gray being a perfect match. My only problem is a profound laziness that comes over me when I exit the dealer's lot. For 4 years i've been meaning to do a window tint on my '04 Prius. Sigh...

But to avoid all those damn scratches, I'll do it!

And never mind about the RS3200 security system - I've decided against it.

5. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I was initially interested in getting the side-moulding for mine, seems that every car I've ever owned gets "doored" in a parking lot a bunch of times. I have relatively little trouble (knocking on wood here) with the bumpers getting dinged around here. But I've decided against them, don't like the way they look.....although admittedly don't like the way door scatches/dents look either!

I'm not a big fan of window tinting. My Prelude has dark tinted windows and I guess it looks okay on that car, but I question the utility. Of course, here in the far north it is perhaps less of an issue and we are more concerned with seeing through the seven months of dark and gloom than being protected from the glaring sun three weeks per annum!

Floor mats are nice, I got the black rubber Toyota ones and really like them. Helps when you're regularly tracking a pound of snow into the car each time you enter.....