1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Advice on Prius OEM 17" Rims

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by FUUFNF, Jul 31, 2012.

1. FUUFNF

FUUFNF Forum Lurker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Oh, another observation between the 17s and the 15s... You REALLY feel those potholes with the 17s. And that's kinda one of the reasons I was asking about tire pressure. I wanted to make sure mine weren't set too low, because I'd really hate to bend up a rim on a pothole.

2. ockevin

ockevin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    gotta avoid the potholes...I have had big rims for over 10 year and never bent one or even curb rashed. I just have to watch where I am going...

3. FUUFNF

FUUFNF Forum Lurker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm new to low profile tires, but I've always been very careful with curbs, curb cuts, and parking blocks. Those things are pretty easy to avoid. And for the most part, I avoid the potholes whenever possible. But sometimes (especially in LA) you just can't avoid them without swerving into another lane - which, obviously, could result in something much worse.

4. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Load tables will determine the amount of pressure needed to support a given load. Depending on the load carrying capacity of the 17" tires, less pressure may be needed to achieve the same load carrying capabilities as the 15" tire.

5. priusenvious1

priusenvious1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I like this setup. I would consider doing the same if anyone is selling their 17's

6. priusenvious1

priusenvious1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Where did you get the 17's??