1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Advice on Purchase

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by pfhyper, Feb 12, 2015.

1. pfhyper

pfhyper Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The HV battery should still be under the original hybrid warranty: 8 yrs/100,000 miles. Check the original purchase date to see exactly how much time you have.

2. ktyler2

ktyler2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It looks the original purchase date was October of 2008, meaning I should have the warranty until October of 2016. I'm assuming it wouldn't be a bad idea to know the state of my battery, though, even if it is under warranty? Also, would having it assessed at regular intervals be a good idea?

3. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What would you do with the information?

If it's just for the thrill of gettting anxious, go for it!

Seriously though, before taking additional steps it seems as if you ought to reason out what good will come of it.

4. DenToyPri05

DenToyPri05 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    First, read up on any random thought concerning Prius care that comes to mind. Even the seemingly benign. "How do I change fog lights?" or "How do I check turbidity?" Read up especially on keeping filters clear/clean.

Second, I highly recommend an independent Hybrid shop in your area. If you can't find one, ask the dealer if they can perform an HV battery assessment. Get the print-out. First find out if they will give you a print-out. If they can't do an assessment see if you can learn how. Read up on grid-chargers. I like what I've read, but I don't have an outlet in my garage. It may not be for everyone

Third, get a scan tool. Several posters here have recommendations and can tell you why.

Enjoy!